Arthritis is a very serious condition of the human body that mainly affects the joints causing stiffness, redness, swelling, and pain around the joints. The hip joint is a common joint that is affected by arthritis. It occurs when cartilage damages the hip joint.
It is a very painful issue that worsens with the passing of time and also affects mobility and overall quality of life.
Type of arthritis
Several arthritis types affect the hip joint. They are: –
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Psoriatic arthritis
There is no permanent cure to treat any type of arthritis, but its pain and symptoms can be treated with some methods.
Symptoms of hip arthritis
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of hip arthritis are: –
- Tenderness or pain around the hip joint
- Swelling around the joint
- Individuals face mobility issues
- Crunching feeling or sound when you move the hip joint
- Stiffness of joint
- Grating sensation
- Loss of flexibility
- Bone spurs
If you feel like you have hip arthritis after watching the signs and symptoms in your body, the first step is to go for an accurate diagnosis. In this diagnosis, the best hip replacement surgeon in Chandigarh will do an evaluation which includes the below steps: –
- The experts will check your past medical history.
- A physical examination is done on the patient in which the doctor will check how well you can move the hip.
- Radiographs or X-rays are done to check for any abnormalities in the joint.
- The patient must undergo blood tests to determine antibodies associated with any specific type of arthritis.
Treatment of hip arthritis
Several treatment options help relieve pain from the hip joint, but it wholly depends upon the type, age, stage, and severity of the pain. The patient may undergo non-surgical and surgical treatment to restore their day-to-day activities.
So, if you have hip arthritis, consult the best hip replacement surgeon in Chandigarh, Dr. T. S. Gill.